LevelCollection
Finding RefP377
TitleWoolstone parish records
Date1814-2004
DescriptionRegisters 1814-2004; registers of services 1940-1985; churchwardens' accounts 1788-1953; property papers 1914-1984; PCC minutes 1955-1996; parish magazines 1973-1990; *newsletters 1980-2003; Mary Coventry's Charity ledger 1905-1995; terrier and inventories 1978, 1985; various documents relating to the union of Woolstone and Oxenton, Gotherington and Kemerton
NotesAll the early records of this parish were destroyed in a fire at the rectory in 1889. However, the Bishops Transcripts (contemporary copies of the parish registers sent to the Bishop) start from 1570. You can see digital images of the Bishops Transcripts via the Ancestry website. www.ancestry.co.uk. They have been indexed and can be accessed by name or place.
Accession 10321 is uncatalogued
Admin HistoryWoolstone is an ancient parish in the Diocese of Gloucester; it has been united with Oxenton since 1928, and has been in the civil parish of Oxenton since 1935
Custodial HistoryDeposited by the Rector and PCC, 13 May 1981, 25 November 1983, 21 June 1990, 1 August 2005, 20 April 2010, 15 July 2014 and 5 April 2017 and by Cheltenham Rural District Council, 22 March 1974 (item P377a VE 1); item P377 PC 1/1 is now listed with P377a, Woolstone Parish Council, and has been given the reference P377a PC 1/1
TermParish records
Related Material[See also P242 (Oxenton)]
Access ConditionsThis collection is owned by the incumbent and PCC and is made available to users by their kind agreement. Information contained in this collection is made available in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, as well as with the access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Held AtGloucestershire Archives
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2017