LevelCollection
Finding RefD7996
TitleBristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society
Date1876-2004
DescriptionCouncil and committees minutes, accounts, correspondence, subscription registers and lists of members, meetings programmes, centenary dinner and other administrative papers 1876-2014; photographs of the Manor House alias the White House, Whaddon, prior to demolition, 1967 and papers from the estate of the late L Fulbrook-Leggatt (notes, drawings, photographs and correspondence concerning the history of the Severn channels at Gloucester and the water supply to Gloucester from Robinswood Hill; notes on and borings in the Westgate area, 1960s); correspondence between the late L Fulbrook-Leggatt, Dr Scott Garrett and others concerning prehistoric tracks in the Forest of Dean and other archaeological matters 1933-1949; correspondence concerning an abortive attempt to establish a Gloucestershire Record Series, 1960; photocopies of Chancellor Parsons' notes on the Diocese of Gloucester (Bodleian MS Rawl.B323), with analyses of pages, used in the preparation of 'Notes on the Diocese of Gloucester by Chancellor Richard Parsons c.1700', Gloucestershire Record Series vol 19, edited by John Fendley, 2005; correspondence and papers concerning the 'Transactions' of the Society, 1960s-1970s; microfilm copies of records of stamp duty paid on apprenticeship premiums [from the National Archives, reference IR 1/50-55], used in the preparation of 'Calendar of the registers of apprentices of the city of Gloucester, 1700-1834', Gloucestershire Record Series Volume 25, edited by Jill Barlow; notes for 'A Gloucestershire and Bristol Atlas'
Custodial HistoryDeposited by the Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society
Previous NumbersSome of the material in this collection was formerly catalogued as D2634
Related Material[See also D7916]
Access ConditionsThese records are open for research
Held AtGloucestershire Archives
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2017